Mussoorie is one of the most beautiful hill station in Uttarakhand that is just 35 KM far from Dehradun (Capital of Uttarakhand state). Mussoorie is 290 KM far from Delhi. Mussooorie is also called queen of hill stations. Thousands of tourists come to Mussoorie every year to enjoy their holidays. This hill station is also popular as honeymoon destination. You can see married couples on the strees enjoying the weather. Because of it’s pleasent weather and cool temperature Mussoorie is rated as one of the best romantic hill stations.
Also Mussoorie is not a very costly place to stay. Hotels are available on average prices for night and day stay. So overall it’s a budget friendly tourist place.
Mussoorie Temperature: Temperature of Mussoorie is maximum 32o C and minimum 10o C in summer season while in winter the temperature can reach as low as Oo C.
Best time to Visit: March to June, September to November
Places to Visit: Mussoorie is full of beautiful places to visit. Some of them i have listed below-
(1) Kempty Falls – Kempty Falls is one of most popular tourist attaraction in Mussoorie. It is basically a waterfall that’s is situated at the hilly tracks. Kempty Falls is almost 15 KM far from Mussoorie. It’s a beautiful waterfall that you don’t want to miss it. You can see most honeymoon couples there. So if you are willing to visit Kempty falls you can either hire a taxi from market/taxi stand.
(2) GunHill – You can reach GunHill top via Ropeway / Cable car. It will cost you 70 Rupees both way. At the top of gunhill there are some games shops and one or two local restaurants. The view of Mussoorie and doon vally from Gunhill is awesome.
(3) Camel back road – This road seems like bump of the camel back. it’s like first you have to walk up and then down the road.
(4) Mussoorie lake– Mussoorie lake is famous for boating and enjoying the natural beauty of lake.
(5) Local Market – Local market is also one good attaraction in Mussoorie. You can find various shops of your interest with nice local and indian dishes.
(6) Mall Road- Mall Road is good to have a walk with your friends or your better half. This is the road with one side valley and second side hill. So you can enjoy having a chit chat walk on this road.